Wednesday 9 September 2015

STOP TALKING AND LISTEN

Does this sound familiar? “You never let me finish what I am trying to say”.  How many times have you found yourself in a conversation that ended up in a fight or an argument?  Many times, we are not really listening to what the speaker is saying because we are not following one simple tip, avoid interrupting. Interrupting is one of the biggest problems in attempting to convey a message.

From a listener’s point of view, we need to be more aware of our body language, practicing our manners, and not disrupting a train of thought.  What I mean by body language, are the non-verbal cues we are giving to the speaker.  If you remember, I simply nodded at the janitor as I walked on without making eye contact. I basically let him know I wasn’t really engaged in the conversation.  I didn’t practice my manners because not only did I not engage in the conversation, I walked away from him when he was speaking to me. 
Now that I look back on it, I was a bit rude and most likely interrupted his train of thought.  Part of me thinks maybe the reason why he didn’t come running to my aid as I started to run, was because I didn’t listen to him when he was trying to help me.
 
Can you recall when you put yourself in hot water because you interrupted a conversation? Let me know and share your comments below.  





Just a reminder that animals can also interrupt conversations or in this YouTube video, news reporters.  This video by animals xD titled Animals interrupting news funny animal compilation posted above, is just for fun so enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment